Friday, July 25, 2008

Eyejot video message

Another really fun assignment! This one was to create a video message with Eyejot. It's very convenient that my MacBook has the built-in camera and microphone, so this was really quite easy. I created an account, complete with profile photo and video message, then just followed the directions. The only problem I had was figuring out the link to send to the class, but again, when I sent out the call to my classmates, they responded.

What I'm most excited about are the personal possibilities of this technology. My sister and her family live in North Pole, Alaska, so I sent this link http://www.eyejot.com/mview/964C1EE75E9A43AD7942BEECFDD17350B402854186F92D17F44CD39F2BB25A0F on to her. With the end of the summer semester looming, I haven't had a chance to talk to her in detail about it, but I definitely plan to use it to communicate with family. Also, I'm planning to go to London with the USM group for British Studies next summer, and this kind of technology will make that separation from family easier.

I also played some with Dimdim, even e-mailing my sister in Alaska to set up a "meeting." We weren't able to hook up -- I was in class when she got the e-mail -- but I think that will be even better than the Eyejot. I will continue to explore these technologies.

No comments: