Tuesday, June 24, 2008

circaVie Timeline

Another absolutely cool assignment -- I can't believe how many new tricks I'll have when I return to UCA! I haven't posted the URL yet because I'm going to play with the timeline some more -- I'm going to take my scanner home this weekend and scan in some old photos from my pre-digital camera days to make the timeline more complete, photo-wise. Here's the link: http://www.circavie.com/timelines/e34a2a05-ec40-5f00-bf37-2c85c17bcd12

UPDATE: I picked up lots of old photos at my parents' house yesterday and spent some time today scanning them in. My timeline is probably more detailed than anyone cares about, but it was much fun to me, and I'm glad to get a lot of those old photos scanned.

My brain is also racing with new ideas for using this timeline technique in my classes, but also (more important at the moment) for my HIS 710 class this summer, during which I am preparing my prospectus for my dissertation on the history of the Arkansas Gazette, 1902-1991. I think this will be a great tool as I sketch out the prospectus. From my previous research, I have the idea outlined in my mind, but it will be nice to be able to see it sketched out visually as well as to organize many of the images that I have in my laptop — photographs from the various archival collections, pages from the newspaper, etc.

My biggest problem at the moment is wanting to spend all my time playing with all my new technological skills instead of doing homework like Stats!

No comments: